There’s something about an imminent natural disaster that gets me in the kitchen concocting dishes. Now, I’m no Julia Child and my family aren’t stuck up foodies. So my dishes aren’t exceedingly complicated, but they are yum, just the same.
In preparation for Hurricane Irene, I whipped up a batch of banana muffins. I came across this recipe on one of my recipe go-to sites, www.allrecipes.com.
Simple Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas – mashed
- ¾ white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat muffin pan with non-stick spray or use paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- Combine bananas, sugar, egg & melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture & mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.
- Bake mini-muffins for 10-15 minutes or regular muffins for 25-30 minutes.
Now, when Irene hits our area, our bellies will be full and happy.