Yesterday, I gave you the low down on Clean Eating. And last week I told you how I had picked up rhubarb for the first time and was looking for a recipe to experiment with. Well I found the perfect one over at CDKitchen.com and adapted it into a clean recipe.
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of soy milk
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup minced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Combine egg, milk, apple sauce, honey and agave syrup in a small bowl.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix liquid ingredients into large bowl.
- Fold in fruits.
- Fill lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Check them with a toothpick to make sure they’re done.
- Yields 1 1/2 dozen.
- Enjoy them as a snack or as a quickie breakfast.
I’m so glad that I’m stepping out of my comfort zone with food, because I really enjoy the taste of rhubarb. I have some left and am thinking of making jam with it. Off to peruse the net for another recipe.
Have you tried any new foods lately?