Awhile ago I told you all about my son’s obsession with pancakes. How he practically eats them everyday. We joke that one day he’ll turn into a pancake himself. Right along those lines, I’ve been sticking with the same breakfast food for awhile, out of convenience and time. Just like the Lil’ Giant, I can’t help myself because I absolutely love Cream of Wheat. But in an effort to get out of the breakfast rut & trim down the postpartum baby weight, I prepared this YUMILICIOUS recipe…
Granola Encrusted French Toast
Hope you’re ready to sink your teeth into these EASY PEASY French Toast.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, pure vanilla and a few sprinkles of ground cinnamon.
- Pour cup of granola into a plastic baggie, close & use a mallet to smash the granola. Lay smashed granola on a small plate.
- Dip bread slices into wet mixture for a few seconds to soak up all the gooey goodness. Then place bread into smashed granola. Make sure to cover both sides with granola.
- Transfer bread slices to buttered skillet, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn to brown both sides.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon (to your taste).
- Serve French Toast hot with syrup (butter optional).
And there you have it, a quick and easy recipe to start your day off on the right foot.
Linking up to some of my favorite parties:
The Gunny Sack, The Girl Creative, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Reasons to Skip the Housework, Today’s Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, Organize & Decorate Everything, Someday Crafts, My Girlish Whims, Somewhat Simple, I Heart Nap Time, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven Thirty Three, Delightful Order, Gluesticks, Homemaker in Heels, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Five Days 5 Ways, Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hippo, Craft Envy, Too Much Time on My Hands, Be Different Act Normal, Under the Table and Dreaming, A Creative Princess, The Peaceful Mom